Need a tree for your yard? Looking for a tree selected and planted with care? I can help you.
Total price = Tree price + Installation price
I install customer provided trees and plants for the installation price only, though I provide no warranty on customer provided trees and plants.
Trees I provide are selected from area nurseries. I personally approve the trees after observing the roots, root flare, trunk, branch spacing, and overall health of the tree. Tree pricing depends on the tree variety and size. Please contact me to get a quote for a specific variety.
Please note: Once I’ve ordered your tree, there is up to a 25% cancellation fee (based on the tree price only) for cancellations. Once I’ve received your tree, there is no cancellation on the tree and it will be delivered to your property.
|Container Size||Installation Price, Basic||Installation Price with Sod Removal|
Installation Service includes
- 811 called. Note: 811 only marks utilities. I cannot take responsibility for any underground systems unless they are marked. This includes (but isn’t limited to): irrigation, landscape lighting, security, septic, and water from the main to the home.
- Clear ground where plants will go. Sod removal is extra.
- Remove loose bark and sand as texture of plant’s roots permits.
- Prune out damaged, encircling, and girdling roots.
- Locate root flare to determine planting depth. Plant root flare 1-2 inches above ground to account for settling.
- Dig a proper size hole, typically two to three times the container size and at depth determined by root flare. If the tree is going into or next to the spot of a removed tree, please see below under Installation Service Extras.
- Backfill with location soil and 50/50 native topsoil/compost blend.
- Cover with 2-3 inches of triple-shred hardwood bark mulch. Leave open space immediately around trunk.
- Prune out damaged, dead, or very poorly located branches. In most cases, pruning should be limited until the next year to improve tree recovery.
- After-care watering instructions.
Installation Service Extras
Tree for Tree – Replacing a tree in the same spot as a removed tree. This may require additional grinding, extensive digging, removal of old tree grindings, and replacement soil. Priced on a per job basis.
Clearing – Sod removal and disposal or extensive clearing of ground for plants beyond what is needed for planting itself.
Mulching – Mulching placed beyond what is needed for the planting itself.
Staking – Staking is not usually needed, but is available.
Fertilizing – Slow release fertilizer tablets installed per product directions, not recommended in most cases.
Soil Testing – Mass planting or high value trees may benefit from site soil testing.
Design Fee – Installation prices are based on customer generally knowing what plants and where. More extensive consulting and design work is available.
1 year covering plant and labor to re-install. Limited to one replacement of equal or lesser value. Please contact me as soon as possible if you believe a plant is not doing well or you have questions about care.
Warranty Applies To – Plants purchased by Just Small Trees, LLC. Customer supplied plants are not warrantied. The full plant warranty is offered on a job-by-job basis, on container-grown plants only, and may not be available for plants installed in difficult locations, on difficult to transplant species, or on plants that typically do poorly in central-NC conditions.
A partial (labor-only) warranty is offered on ball-and-burlap plants.
Warranty Covers – Plants that decline or die despite reasonable care. Trees that are blown over in high winds will be put upright within the warranty time frame at no charge.
Warranty Does Not Cover – Damage from acts of God or extreme weather conditions, theft, 3rd party damage, improper watering, improper pruning, neglect, abuse, or animal damage.